Engaged in the management of adversely graded commercial loan and lease relationships which may include loan/lease products, working capital lines of credit, asset based lending, construction lending, leasing, commercial real estate, contractor financing, Small Business Administration guaranteed transactions, agricultural lending.
Key position responsibilities include:
This senior level position manages the collection, managed assets and recovery functions for the scored and graded business loanportfolio in Consumer Business Banking.
Provides leadership to the Portfolio Management Center Business Banking managers and employees involved in the collection, workout, and recovery of business loans
Implements and oversees credit policies and procedures to improve the overall quality of the portfolio.
Acts as a resource on individual credits, and provides approval of new credits and the restructuring of existing credits as appropriate.
Formulates long term loss mitigation objectives and national strategies.
Provides reporting to line of business and risk management according to bank and regulatory requirement
Successful candidates must be able to:
Provide direction and define priorities for desired result.
Link the team’s mission to that of the organization.
Align goals to corporate objectives, including budget, salary, and incentive implementation.
Coach Business Banking Managers and staff with decision making and collection strategies.
Act as a resource and share past experiences and personal perspective on individual credits.
Mentor, train, and develop subordinates to reach individual and group goals for efficiency and effectiveness in managing delinquent and troubled credits.
Search out challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve all processes.
Provide reports to Senior Management relative to Credit Quality, Delinquency, Collections and Net Loss.
Strategic Management, formulation, implementation and control of processes.
Determine impact of internal and external environmental factors including economic, political and technological on portfolio quality.
Partner with peers throughout the firm to remain current on process, legal, regulatory and technological changes impacting the business.
Analyze, compile and reportrisk as it impacts national portfolio delinquency and net loss trends.
Ensure adherence to credit policies, procedures and regulations.
Manage business and people processes to include reporting, forecasting, review and compensation, staffing and capacity planning.
Ensure staffing and resources efficiently meet volume forecasts.
Act as a liaison to internal customers: Risk Management, Market, Loan Servicing, Loan Centers, Legal, Banking Centers/Branches.
- Bachelors Degreerequired, Masters Degreepreferred or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years of commercial/small business loan workout/loss mitigation/collection experience
- 10+ years of collections management experience with knowledge of auto-dial and risk scoring strategies
- 10+ years of commercial loan underwriting experience with an understanding of credit policy, compliance and regulations
- 10+ years of managerial experience with an emphasis on process management
- Thorough understanding of the business loan sales and underwriting process
- Expert knowledge of credit policy and other compliance regulations
- Strong Functional and Technical Skills: Customer focus, Analytical Skills, Leadership abilities, Negotiations skills, Process Management, Problem solving, Written and verbal communication, Decision Quality, Results Oriented, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Relations, Managerial Skills, PC Skills
- Minimum of 25% travel.
Collections Litigation Qualifications
- Prior Collections experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of legal processes related to litigation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence various stakeholders
- Prior experience managing teams is preferred
- Ability to coach and provide meaningful feedback to employees.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an open working environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify trends and improve processes for both the customer and the business
- Understanding of regulatory/legal landscape related to collections litigation
- Ability to work with audit, compliance and regulatory constituencies to manage work in accordance with established procedures and relevant regulations and laws
- Demonstrated accountability for work processes and the associated risks and controls.
- Demonstrated ability to raise issues to relevant stakeholders or management with respect to the control environment
Req #: 180034245