This position supports control software functional integration validation at the control module level. The candidate has the opportunity to work on the latest HiL validation technologies. The job requires an understanding of requirements, algorithm design and designing simulations and tests to confirm requirements are met. Testing is performed at the functional level using a simulated environment at the control module level. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong interpersonal skills in the following categories: ownership, adaptability, dedication, team collaboration, management of work tasks, and innovative.
- Leads HiL validation strategy, planning, and scheduling activities on the assigned program team.
- Ensures all system features are validated through technical reviews and analyzing system requirements.
- Develops and maintains ECU HiL and system HiL simulator platforms using dSpace products.
- Ensures system requirement coverage through traceability.
- Develop and maintain automated and manual test cases.
- Troubleshoots validation failures with the technical team to determine the root cause and corrective actions.
- Supports the software release process through documentation and engineering judgement.
- Communicates and coordinates with onsite/offshore suppliers.
- Provides technical direction to global HiL teams.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with embedded controls within the dSpace HiL environment
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink to support systems testing
- Experience with analog and digital sensor simulation
- Proficient with dSpace Control Desk, Automation Desk, and Synect
- Experience with Python programming language
- Good knowledge of CAN/Flexray serial communications, including vehicle messaging and diagnostic service implementations.
- Ability to read and understand “C” and Assembly source code.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with formal problem-solving skills (Fishbone analysis, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Visio, etc)
- Understanding of control module embedded design – microprocessor peripherals, memory allocation, compilers, linkers, programming standards, etc.
- Support meetings internally and with customers to discuss test plans and test issues
- Prior experience with a requirements management tool such as DOORs (by Telelogic)
- Experience with Labview / National Instruments hardware
- Experience with coding in the Vector CANTech programming language “CAPL”
- Good understanding of microprocessors and microcontrollers
Bachelor - Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering