Formulate, plan and implement community and business development programs to improve the economies of the organization's service territories by attracting, expanding and retaining industries. Work with community and government leaders to develop programs that attract new industry and expand existing industry within the service territory. Respond to business development inquiries by prospective companies and institutions with technical data presentations on the area's industrial facilities and community infrastructure resources. Meet with potential prospects to encourage locating within the service area and presents potential site locations and rate packages.
- Provide industry expertise and serve as an advisor to internal groups.
- Participate in helping build new electric load and increased jobs and capital investment within service territory area.
- Serve as a subject matter contact and provide intelligence for business, industry, communities, government and company members regarding retention, recruiting and expansion of service territory.
- Obtain information from and coordinate the flow of information with other departments to resolve complex problems.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Manage and coordinate the project responses process at the national, state & local levels.
- Facilitate and ensure community preparedness for industrial recruitment activities.
- Communicate daily with potential new business and industrial customers, community and state leadership and internal groups regarding business climate, development resources and electrical service issues.
- Coordinate and implement economic development strategies and initiatives across the service area.
- Assist communities in the design and implementation of their economic development marketing programs.
- Actively promote new plant locations of business and industry in service territory communities.
- Co-facilitate and coordinate state and local economic development promotional activities and industry calls through visitation programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and Five (5) years experience in economic development with a state, community or investor owned utility.
- Valid state driver's license.
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION**
- Bachelor's degree in Business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of economic development with a state, community or investor owned utility.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, including ability to make presentations to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work without supervision and make independent decisions.
- Ability to influence others; negotiation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems; taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Ability to work within and support Company policies.
- In depth knowledge in an analytical discipline.
- Most work is performed in an office environment.
- May require extensive travel.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and holidays.
Tracking Code 20170392