We are looking for a highly motivated Economics Practice Leader in New York, New York with experience in business development and applied economics to provide leadership within the Economic Analysis and Strategy (EAS) group. This senior level hire will be responsible for growing the EAS practice across the transportation, building, energy, water and environmental markets sectors. The successful candidate will provide advanced technical expertise in economic analysis and related fields including finance and data analytic. In addition, this position will be responsible to take a lead role in marketing the EAS economics services to internal clients as well as existing and new external clients, to identify new markets and marketing opportunities, and to help expand the practice to areas outside of the traditional transportation arena.
Working with the existing senior leadership in Advisory Services, the candidate will assume a major leadership role in growing the EAS practice, and will be expected to develop client relationships, market economic-related services, lead proposals and pursuits, manage work as an active practitioner, and supervise and develop staff. Ability to network effectively both within WSP and within the broader industry of clients and other consultants in general is expected.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, interests, and experiences:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience economic analysis and related consulting fields, with demonstrated progression of responsibility and leadership in a variety of economic specializations including econometric analysis, economic forecasting, statistical analysis, finance, benefit-cost analysis, Monte Carlo probabilistic analysis, demand forecasting, revenue estimation, market analysis, socio-economic, demographic, and land use analysis, input-output analysis, and related modeling
- Strong data analytics and quantitative skills are highly desirable, including proficiency with statistical analysis packages and programming languages (e.g., EViews, SAS, R, Python).
- Robust written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Relevant experience in policy, planning, research, and project-level applications of these and other quantitative analyses, and various geographic scales, to support decision making by government agency and private entities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in economics, business, finance, urban or transportation planning, data analytics, operations research, or related field is required
- Advanced degree in economics or related discipline is desirable. PhD is a plus.
- Management experience, both as a project manager and managing staff within an organization, is highly desirable
- A strong background in leading or supporting funded research with industry groups such as the Transportation Research Board is highly desirable
- Interest or experience in the infrastructure industry and related sectors, including evaluation of infrastructure capital projects involving both traditional and alternative delivery methods is desirable
- Program/project delivery implementation experience is highly desirable
- Infrastructure project-related procurement experience, such as preparation of procurement documentation and negotiation of agreements, preparation of environmental and other documents requiring oversight agency approval, or construction litigation, is desirable
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, manage staff remotely, and communicate point of view and analytical results.