The Advisor will provide assistance to API segments (e.g., Corporate Policy, Downstream, Midstream and Upstream) and departments (e.g., Communications, Federal Relations) by providing critical information and analysis to support key policy objectives. The Advisor conducts economic research and analysis in support of objectives related to policy issues facing the oil and natural gas industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work effectively within API departments to provide economic and climate change policy expertise, including:
- Conduct and lead (when appropriate) review/analyses of economic and climate studies and legislative proposals;
- Provide oversight of contractors on economic studies;
- Present findings of analyses to internal and external audiences
- Gather economic and other policy-related data for shorter term analyses.
- Provide quick response papers in areas of expertise on issues affecting the petroleum industry.
- Provide critical assessment of published economic analysis in relevant areas and provide technical “peer review” on papers prepared by other API staff, where appropriate.
- Actively contribute to achievement of Policy Analysis Department goals by providing input to various policy-related department initiatives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
No supervisory responsibility required. Key relationships include internal API groups (Corporate Policy, Downstream, Midstream, Upstream, Communications, Federal Relations), member companies and external organizations.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related discipline and 7+ years professional experience in energy or environmental related field. A graduate degree a plus.
- Direct experience on climate related issues and climate economic modeling a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to assess studies related to the economic impacts of regulations, and to provide analysis as needed.
- Familiarity with energy and emissions databases.
- Excellent analytical, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple issues concurrently and to prioritize.
- Flexibility and capability to work on new issues as needs arise.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high work quality.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.