As an SA at SMITH, you’ll be part of a team of architects within the technology organization focused on a portfolio of clients and future clients. This role will require a broad technology background coupled with business acumen to identify opportunities and lead the solutioning of an approach through the sales cycle. From there, you’ll be counted on to be the overall technology owner within your portfolio of accounts, collaborating with the delivery teams, ensuring alignment to the initial vision and ultimately partnership with the account leadership on additional opportunities.
And if all that isn’t enough, you’ll be expected to thrive in our fast-paced environment and take change and uncertainty in stride.
Who you are
- A technology SME across various spaces but grounded in digital commerce, capable of creating and articulating cross-system architectures
- A leader that can pull together a cross-functional team, articulate a vision and help ensure its success from start to finish
- A strategic thinker with solid interpersonal skills.
- Someone who enjoys being involved in the sales process. Comfortable speaking and presenting to prospects and capable for defining RFP responses with minimal details
What you’ll do
- Lead the technology needs of sales within a portfolio of accounts, including client conversations, solutioning, estimating and scope/assumption definition
- Partner with the Technology Delivery Pillars to provide technical oversight and guidance to delivery teams
- Travel in support of sales and delivery as needed
- Provide guidance to the customer and project team with respect to technical feasibility, complexity, and level of effort required to deliver a solution
- Scoping, designing, and ultimately supporting the teams to deliver a complex technical solution for a project
- Participate in the overall strategy, standardization, analysis, design, and implementation of a client initiative.
- Provide onsite tech leadership with key business stakeholders, analysts, and other Solution Architects/Technical Leads on the client side if necessary.
- Support responses to RFPs
- Assist in the development and delivery of pre and post sales presentations and proposals for client engagements.
- Engage with SMITH sales and account team to understand requirements and present solutions.
- Prototype the feasibility of proposed technology solutions.
- Participate with the sales and account team on strategy of selling the account in relation to technology issues and obligations. Support ongoing meetings with the sales and strategy teams on go-to-market strategies and sales planning
What grabs our attention
- Extensive hands-on architecture and development experience with one or more commerce platforms
- 7+ years in e-Commerce architecture, systems integration and development, package implementation, relational databases, with knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design using e-Commerce platforms such as SAP Commerce, Salesforce Commerce, GSI, Intershop, IBM WebSphere, ATG or Magento
- Hands-on customer facing management and technical delivery experience
- Proven experience with supporting the sales cycles
- Experience in full lifecycle software development processes and methods
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (computer science, engineering, or math preferred); Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years experience with business information systems integration or custom business application design and development in a professional technology consulting, corporate MIS or software development environment
- Proven knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies, and enterprise integration and software development pattern
- Strong desire to provide thought leadership related to technology and help grow the business
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of a customer’s organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation, organizational and planning skills