The eCommerce Team is a part of the Strategic Marketing team, and directly connects with consumers through great product, content and other resources to help her live her faith.
We are a cross-functional, entrepreneurial team within a larger company with access to amazing resources- a perfect environment for eCommerce and digital professionals to grow and be inspired. We believe we have been placed in the digital space for such a time as this!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The eCommerce Marketplace Manager is responsible for the strategy and execution of the various eCommerce Marketplaces, including (but not limited to) Amazon, Walmart.com, eBay, Zulilly and other marketplace sites.
The role will also manage the account for other online distributors of product sold wholesale. The eCommerce Marketplace Manager will work with their direct supervisor to build an overarching strategy to optimize both the top line retail sales as well as profit margins through a balancing of categories, products, promotions and channels.
The role works across technology, fulfillment and item set-up teams to ensure proper set up and execution of the daily operations of the channels.
- Strategy and Planning: As a key member of a small merchandising team, this role is driving the strategy and oversight of several marketplace eCommerce channels and will be responsible for the product/channel mix and optimization between marketplaces. This duty is performed weekly, about 15% of the time.
- Account Management: Reporting, analysis, negotiation and customer service for various marketplaces and wholesale eCommerce accounts. Management of account expectations, forecast and individual account growth. Selling in of ideas and product pitches, and solution selling to various partners to hit growth targets. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
- Forecasting & Planning: Weekly, Monthly and Annual forecasting and planning for channels as well as item and categoryforecasting for inventory management. This duty is performed weekly, about 20% of the time.
- Item Set-up Management and Project Management: Work with direct and indirect reports and teammates to ensure proper item-level detail and promotional activity to drive item and category sales. Will need to build items directly into the interface when automated solutions are not present, and work to automate processes across teams as necessary. Will set promotional activity at the item level, and decide the channel strategy by SKU (which eCommerce channels what products will sell in, and when). This duty is performed daily, about 30% of the time.
- New Channel Acquisition: Discover new channels as defined in the annual strategy, negotiate contracts, test and build new accounts as needed and serve as project manager to ensure all aspects of partnership are integrated. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment.
Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
You must have these to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 or more years of experience in digital marketing or general eCommerce management
- 3 or more years of management experience (project, program, and people management–either direct or indirect)
You will stand out if you have these:
- Majored in business studies, marketing or communications/public relations.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets.
- Command of email marketing principles and best practices to ensure emails meet industry standards and international laws.
- Tactical, hands-on experience with reporting or data analysis.
- Tenacity to persevere through setbacks and difficulties and still deliver great solutions to the customer.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize and shift workload to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills: written, oral and active listening.
- Ability to self-start, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have the flexibility to “roll with” a reasonable level of ambiguity.
- An understanding of and an appreciation for the DaySpring Mission.