The eCommerce Manager is responsible for managing all of the Horizon Hobby’s e-commerce business across multiple branded websites and partner sites (i.e. Amazon). This hands-on position will help devise and implement the strategy and tactics used to significantly increase online revenue and profitability across the company’s current portfolio as well as support product line expansion. This position will support and in some cases lead the division’s interface with our e-commerce partners. This person will work in close partnership with Creative, Brand Management, Merchandising, IT, and Customer Service teams. This is an analytical and highly entrepreneurial role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the division’s e-commerce planning process and strategy development in accordance with the overall company objectives.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies and tactics for e-commerce partners (including Amazon, Ebay, etc.).
- Review and implement best practices of successful e-commerce brands.
- Perform financial planning and forecasting and manage day-to-day P&L.
- Support and drive site migration to Websphere web platform.
- Serve as the primary e-commerce account lead and contact, managing the day-to-day relationship with external partners to optimize sales and profit performance – site visits, conversion and AOV.
- Evaluate, prioritize, develop, implement and manage initiatives.
- Monitor and manage online product assortment and content with goal of maximizing online presence and driving sales.
- Manage compliance requirements.
- Monitor and analyze traffic sources, visitor volumes, etc. to optimize conversion and grow both current and new customer sales.
- Provide analytic reports of online business including ROI on marketing spend, customer analysis, channel analysis, etc.
- Provide optimization expertise for the division’s websites.
- Develop, monitor and enforce e-commerce policies including online pricing strategies.
- Create and implement plan to build distribution with existing and new e-commerce customers by creating, managing and optimizing listings for all marketplaces.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of five to eight years of experience in e-commerce, with a proven track record of growing revenue.
- Current experienceworking with Amazon and eBay.
- Strong analytical skills and e-business acumen.
- Experience using data analytics to drive decision making and business performance.
- Digital sales and marketing expert.
- Experience with various forms of online advertising including paid and organic media management.
- Experience managing agency relationships.
- Understanding of diverse e-commerce technology components.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, detail-oriented, team player, leading with and without direct authority.
- Setting and measuring against clear financial performance metrics.