Your Role: The Dot Expressway is a B2B ecommerce site that connects thousands of food industry buyers and manufacturers each day. In teaming with the business and development staff, the Ecommerce Development Lead will deliver solutions to improve functionality and the user experience across digitalchannels. This will require collaboration with departments across the business including ecommerce, digital marketing, master data, sales, customer service, business development and brand marketing. Success includes quality solutions that are delivered on time and on budget.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business processes and eliciting, defining, and analyzing requirements
- Create deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation
- Accountability for project scope, budget and dates
- Participate in or lead activities related to agile, including meetings, sprint planning, and backlog grooming
- Identify opportunities to leverage purchased applications to improve business processes, and support business re-engineering efforts
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for industry meetings or conferences.
- After hours – on call rotation to support business needs
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree & 3+ years in Information Technology or 7+ years of experience
- Prior project management experience
- Experience working in B2C/B2B e-Commerce focused environments
- Demonstrable experience in agile environments
- Strong technical abilities within application design, configuration, implementation, and support
- Strong business analysis skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Experience with web specific: technologies, programming languages and major application frameworks
- Experience with business processes and application systems involved in the support of e-Commerce, including: Shipping, Sales, Pricing, Customer Service/Support, Product Catalog Management, Content Management, and Digital Marketing
- Proven understanding of analytics, information architecture and front-end UI