eCommerce Delivery Project Manager
The objective of everything we do is to grow CDW sales. To be the leading IT solutions provider, we must deliver a simple yet superior experience across all channels and devices. Our Search, Brand and Content, Product Design and Product Management teams will drive value for both our customers and internal account managers, while ultimately driving growth for CDW. Our digital experiences can deliver the credibility and proof needed that CDW is the best choice for IT decision-making and management.
The eCommerce Delivery Manager is responsible for enabling the successful delivery of projects and features of the agile product teams across all our online properties (CDW.com, CDWG.com, CDW.CA and our customer-facing mobile products in order to provide experiences that delight our customers and also drive tangible business outcomes.
Reporting directly to the Head eCommerce Product Management, the eCommerce Delivery Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of concurrently running projects across multiple team disciplines including Product Management, Information Architecture/User Experience, Visual Design, Software Development, and QA using appropriate agile methodology techniques. The eCommerce Delivery will act as an Agile Scrum methodology ScrumMaster and will be dedicated to ensuring optimal team efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Effectively manage projects by working with and coordinating amongst a cross functional team of various disciplines including Product Management, Information Architecture/User Experience, Front-end Development, Visual Design, Software Application Development, QA, Enterprise IT and Business Resources
- Understand and implement best AgileScrum methodologies in order to increase the effectiveness of the product team and ensure successful project delivery
- Coordinate, manage, facilitate, and delegate all AgileScrum ceremonies to ensure the product team’s ability to effectively deliver new products and features to market in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in identifying project issues and roadblocks that impede project progress, and work with appropriate stakeholders across the organization to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers (or supporting the team in doing so) in order to ensure successful project delivery
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders within and outside the department to understand and interpret both business and system requirements in order to facilitate the successful coordination across the team to ensure successful project delivery
- Maintain current understanding and knowledge of software engineering implementation best practices
- Manage the project schedule through the implementation of agile methodologies while focusing on meeting project deliverables and goals. Communicate project plans, prepare and distribute project reports, and proactively manage issues to ensure adherence to project schedule and plan.
- Support and educate the product triad with respect to all aspects of project delivery including effective story writing, backlog grooming, story estimating/sizing, sprint planning, sprint execution (sprint board management), team velocity, QA testing and final project delivery
- Coordinate with all other product team Delivery Managers and ensure cross-dependencies are met so that project delivery for all teams is not delayed
- Support the Product Manager and help the delivery team to understand business needs, manage customer and stakeholder expectations, and communicate project goals, status, and deliverables
- Implement best practice agile methodologies and manage an agile project management process while championing ongoing process improvements that increase delivery efficiency and enable the successful launch of valuable products for both the customer and the business
- Provide all necessary support for the product team using a servant leadership style while also being able to effectively influence and lead the team toward success
- Develop detailed estimates, schedules for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget as necessary using agile methodologies that are compatible with the CDW eCommerce business
- Provide regular updates to Product Management leadership regarding the health of the product backlog and overall product team, and solicit help and feedback as necessary
- Provide continuous focus on ensuring team effectiveness in order to enable to deliver of high quality products that delight our customers and improve our business
- Complete any necessary project management tasks including time tracking and entering, budget management, and enterprise status updates
- Understand and coordinate spending across available team budgets as it pertains to specific departmental budgets, as well as budgets funded by outside departments
- Provide continuous updates and coordinate with the PMO group for all team work that is being complete to support enterprise wide project. Act as the voice of the Triad when communicating progress and status updates
- Coordinate the development of the detailed design specifications for use by the technical team.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field - or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience serving the Scrum Master role for at a software development or eCommerce team that appliedAgileScrum principles, practices, and theories.
- 3 years Project Management Experience, including evaluation and estimation of large, high-risk initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, and problem solving skills in order to enable a project team to effectively manage competing demands.
- History of managing project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Advanced modeling techniques experience, including software, system, and data
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while continuing to meet project deadlines and goals.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Project Management Certifications specifically with Agile practices and methodologies
- Demonstratedexperience and proven success using appropriate tools to effectively manageagileprocesses for disparately located teams:
- Collaboration tools such as Sococo, Blue Jeans, and Jabber
- Agile project management tools such as Version One, Jira/Greenhopper
Job ID: 17001395