The Chief Architect of eCommerce will serve as the lead architect for the architectural design, development, integration, and deployment of eCommerce technologies for Symantec’s eCommerce Platform. The core application areas include eCommerce Product and Merchandizing applications, Order Management, Payments integrations, Recurring Billings platform, API integrations with Support Applications, and integrations with downstream Financial reporting systems and Data Warehousing. The Chief Architect is responsible for the guidance on technical designs, performance and implementation of e-commerce projects. He/she will own pre-project architecture assessment and passionately drive forward a road map for architecture improvements and evaluate usage of new technologies to improve performance, scalability, security of Symantec’s eCommerce platform. This role will support and mentor multiple Agile Scrum teams in Mountain View, CA as well as in Chennai, India through mentorship on creation and approval of technical solutions for new feature capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production. eCommerce architecture group will be responsible for platform architecture, SOA/API strategy development, performance engineering and integrations with 3rd party providers.
- Build an e-commerce platform architectural strategy and drive its implementation
- Prepare the standards and guidelines for technical designs based on various business goals.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to software engineering teams located in Mountain View and Chennai
- Monitor new technologies, engage 3rd party vendors for proof of concepts and drive technology innovation.
- Present solution documents to diverse audiences including members of senior management, senior technical architects from across Symantec’s Consumer Business Unit, engineering and QA teams, IT, security teams, business partners, legal teams, etc.
- Actively engage with infrastructure hosting and information security teams to lead and mitigate cyber risks.
- Ensure partnership and collaboration with various cross-functional teams like product management, process, project and program management, infrastructure, operations and business teams etc.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in large scale technology architecture definition, and integration of new technologies and solutions
- 5+ years of leading architecture teams in developing architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions.
- Experience with web and mobile development technologies/services, e-commerce platforms, operational and analytics data platforms, enterprise integration, and cloud computing. You possess adequate knowledge about various web technologies such as HTML, J2EE, JSP/ Servlets/ Filters, JDBC, RMI, SQL, Apache/ Tomcat, etc.
- Experience in large scale design of complex systems and distributed architectures, in providing architecture technology oversight, and directing a team of architects through large scale initiatives.
- Working experience with modern agile development methodologies and practices
- Demonstrated experience in areas of general management, specifically around team member development, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and managing/setting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong social management skills, with a proven ability to make effective decisions while working through complex personality, program, and business interest related issues
- Well-developed, executive-level critical thinking and interpersonal skills (written and oral)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is mandatory. Master's degree or higher in Computer Science is strongly preferred.