Auto req ID:
226434BR Job Description
Our team at PepsiCo eCommerce works with the most cutting-edge technology and building our tech-stack with a mix of OSS and in-house solutions. This is where you'll see your work come to life, as a member of a small, lower-case "a" agile, highly skilled team that owns projects from conceptualization to implementation.
With a broader team of more than 250 associates and offices in Manhattan, Chicago, Plano, and Silicon Valley, we're unleashing the full potential of automation, data science, and machine learning to challenge the way snacks and beverages are sold every day.
We're also committed to continued learning-because it's important for our team members to stay curious and inspired. We provide yearly stipends to attend conferences and classes to expand their development. Our team also invests in the broader tech community, regularly sponsoring conferences like ElixirConf US, CodeBEAM SF, or EMPEX NYC while providing our teams with more opportunities to grow their skills.
We're looking for a back-end engineer to join our growing automation team. You'll have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to influence the biggest players in online grocery while also building out new tools that are responsible for handling hundreds of millions of dollars in spending.
In this role you will have several distinct responsibilities and priorities:
- You will own backend feature development end-to-end, spanning data modeling, testing, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- We work in Elixir: however, languages can be learned. We put more emphasis on your general engineering skill and willingness to learn than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- We need you to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the backend as we continue to push technology forward.
Some technologies that we use. Familiarity is great, but not necessary.
- Elixir (FP experience is fine e.g. Clojure, Haskell, Scala, OCaml, F#)
- Phoenix (an MVC framework like Ruby on Rails)
- Kubernetes (we have a dedicated team for this)
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related preferred)
- Professional experience using Elixir or another functional programming language
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- 2+ years of exposure to building API clients
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integrations, testing, and operations
- Hands-on experience with GCP, AWS, or similar
We believe that culture should be at the cornerstone of everything we do at PepsiCo eCommerce. Operating with a start-up mindset, we're agile, innovative and not afraid of failure. We want our team members to come to work every day excited to explore new ways of bringing enjoyment, refreshment and fun to the world.
If you're looking for the chance to build business-critical tools and work closely with end users, let's connect. Relocation Eligible:
Not Eligible for Relocation Job Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement