The ECM Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) is a commissioned sales position. This position is responsible for supporting the ECM Sr. Solutions Consultant by securing the technical close of the solution. The PSE collaborates with sales, and professional services teams to ensure the proposed technical solutions accurately address customer needs.
The ECM Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) is responsible for the consistent development of a pipeline of opportunities that will result in the quarterly sales goals set for the position. Reporting of all activities associated with this position will come from the in-use CRM system – which requires that all prospecting / sales activities are consistently and timely entered in the CRM system.
Essential Job Functions
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate closely with Sales –
- Responsible to align solution design with the customers' technical and business requirements
- Demonstrations and Proof-of-Concepts –
- Responsible for identifying customer needs and documenting the solution to effectively work with an ECM Solutions Engineer to demo the solution or provide the proof-of-concept.
- Technical Proposal / RFP Preparation –
- Responsible for managing the RFI/RFP process and the final response.
- Duties include pre-bid meetings, phone conferences, etc.
- Post Implementation Activities –
- Responsible to participate in final review of the implementation, comparing expectations to the delivered results.
- Includes review of ROI and to assist in the development of the Case Study.
- Event Participation –
- Responsible for participating in the planning and execution of various marketing activities.
- Roles may include actively driving attendance, presentations, and general networking activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Experience providing solutions relating to business process improvement
- Experience servicing internal and external customers
- Experience working with external vendors/ partners
- Experience with Solution or Strategic Selling
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills Strong listening skills; ability to understand customers' needs and equate them to Konica Minolta ECM solutions
- Ability to execute within a team structure
- Ability to collaborate with internal partners and external vendors
- Strong knowledge of ECM products/services; Kofax Ascent Capture, Hyland OnBase and SharePoint preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of CRM tools; Salesforce.com a plus
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- Four- year college degree or satisfactory completion of a business curriculum from an accredited school and/ or equivalent work experience
- CDIA+ Certification Required – Successful completion is required during Introductory Period
- AIIM ECMp Certification Required – Successful completion is required in the first 30 days of employment
- Three to five years of experience in complex sales
- Three to five years of experience in the ECM or a related industry
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.