We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell, Textron Inc. utilizes, MENTOR GRAPHICS Capital® tools for Wiring design (schematic, wiring diagrams, wire harness platform architecture, wire harness engineering, manufacturing formboard and tooling, technical publications). Bell also uses Dassault Systems' ENOVIA & CATIA V6 for Product Lifecycle Management, 3D Computer Aided Design and 3D Computer Aided Manufacturing. Bell is standing up a team to support replacing the current ENOVIA/CATIA systems with the 3D Experience Platform. The selected candidate will join Engineering in the Engineering Technology organization to assist in technical development, end user support, and integration of the MENTOR Capital® tools with that of the 3D Experience platform. The selected candidate will also explore and test the WIRING capabilities of the 3D Experience platform for possible future incorporation. Responsibilities:
- Develop methods and best practices for Bell's MENTOR GRAPHICS Capital® tools related to the 3DExperience upgrade to assist the design/manufacturing teams from conceptual design through finished components.
- Develop and support Policy and Procedure for Bell's MENTOR GRAPHICS Capital® process methodologies.
- Provide end user training, mentoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Function as MENTOR GRAPHICS Capital® Project Administrator and Librarian.
- Collect ECAD tool improvements and lessons learned
- Evaluate 3D Experience platform
Software knowledge and capabilities:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline (Electrical or related)
- At least 10 years' experience in the following areas:
- WIRING/WIRE DATA design and support WIRE DATA (Wiring Diagrams and Wire Harness Design)
- Wire Harness design, integration, modeling and data construction
- Wiring Diagram creation and review
- Wiring Harness construction and formboard creation
- Wiring Component Part Selection (connectors, contacts, wire, cable, relays, splices, etc.)
- Interpreting specification of components
- MIL-SPEC and Commercial Part selection
- Understanding of dissimilar metals
- Component construction and usage requirements
- Design of both Commercial and Military Aerospace platforms
- Familiarity and understanding of SAE-AS50881.
- Process documentation
- Liaison Engineering (Wire Harness Shop)
- Candidate should possess skills in the following MENTOR GRAPHICS Capital® tools:
- Creating and maintaining part and devices in Capital Library®.
- Creating and maintaining symbols and symbol libraries Capital Symbol®
- Creating and managing Projects, style set and enterprise wide setting using Capital Project®
- Design experience in Capital Logic®, Capital Harness XC, and Capital Integrator
- Experience with other ECAD/Wiring applications a plus
- Familiarity in any of the following applications a plus:
- CATIA Versions 5 or 3DExperience in the following workbenches:
- Electrical Design
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team setting companywide improvement initiatives (Team lead)
- Desire to implement new technology to improve design processes
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization and planning skills
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned
- Comfortable presenting in front of small and larger audiences
- Understanding of and experience in all aspects of design and aerospace industry practices
- Can manage multiple priorities, multitask, meet deadlines, and prioritize requests
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.