Candidate will be a part of the development team that primarily develops specialized communications products for government, military, and commercial customers. Candidate will be responsible for Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design including schematic capture, component creation, component library maintenance, and layout. Candidate will be involved in challenging work with an emphasis on product design miniaturization by working closely with a cross-functional team including electrical, mechanical, and RF engineers. Upon completion of the design work, the candidate will interface with assembly teams including Class 10,000 cleanroom, surface mount technology (SMT), and final assembly to ensure project success.
- Design and layout high density printed circuit boards in Cadence or Altium
- Create and maintain components in a corporate-wide standard component library
- Generate documentation for fabrication of printed circuit boards by external supplier
- Generate assembly documentation for population of printed circuit board assemblies at KeyW facilities
- Calculate and route impedance controlled transmission lines
- Establish and utilize design rules to verify manufacturability of designed printed circuit board
- Generate schematics based on input from electrical engineers
- Layout printed circuit boards with digital, analog, and RF signals
- Correspond with PCB fab vendors to understand and implement vendor capabilities into designs
- +10 years of experience in schematic generation, component creation, and board layout
- Understanding of electrical schematics
- Strong analytical skills to access and resolve complex technical problems
- Strong work ethic with a track record of completing tasks on schedule
- Mechanical CAD experience (Solidworks or comparable)
- Familiarity with high-density surface mount devices and mixed bare die and surface mount devices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word.
Degree: AA degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.