- Provides leadership for an effective working climate, training and motivating sanitarians and all assigned to the department on an ongoing and planned schedule.
- Plans, develops and implements Sanitation Standards and Goals.
- Utilizes team meetings, work group discussions, performance reviews to develop proper communication between team members and all other plant departments.
- Assures that all GMP, SOP, Safety and QA rules and procedures are being followed and updated as team members require.
- Sets up procedures to check on the cleanliness of the facility using ATP methods and swabs as required.
- Monitors the results of the Daily and Master Sanitation Schedules so that the required practices are performed on a timely basis.
- Assures that Sanitation signs off on all equipment set up in the production area. Makes sure new or modified equipment can be cleaned and sanitized properly.
- Monitors and orders Sanitation Supplies to ensure that there are proper supplies on hand to clean and sanitize the facility.
- Negotiates with vendors for competitive pricing when applicable.
- Arranges team members’ schedules so that Dawn utilizes people to the best of their ability and that operation goals and plans are met.
- Handles all issues in a professional and team oriented mode to assure that all managers are kept abreast and informed of activities that affect their areas or efficiencies.
- Monitors department budget objectives and ensure that cost effective methods are being used.
- Inform the Production Manager, Plant Manager or Quality Assurance Manager of any issue relative to efficiency, utilization, effectiveness of your team or the facility in general.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent manufacturing experience
- Prior experience in the Food Industry is required in food safety and sanitation, Bakery preferred
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience is required
- Certification and/or proven training in AIB sanitation and pest control requirements
- Requires operational knowledge of computer software (EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS, E-mail, Internet applications, etc) or ability to learn these skills
- Exposure to and experience with GMP’s, AIB & IFS standards, understand HAACP programs, USDA guidelines, OSHA Standards, and Plant Safety Programs
- Possess operational knowledge of plant processes and equipment