The Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) group is responsible for leading, delivering, and supporting enterprise integration solutions for Office Depot. The Sr. Manager for EAI Delivery is accountable for EAI portfolio management, resource and budgeting, and delivery of enterprise projects following consistent and continuous software development life cycle. This person will provide leadership to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with internal and external application development, infrastructure, operation/support, project management office and architecture groups. The Sr. Manager is responsible to create and maintain a high performing delivery team and ensure EAI value is achieved for Business/IT Partners through project results. The individual will participate as part of the EAI Leadership Team in setting direction and decision making.
- Accountable to manage, coordinate, and optimize associate and partner resources, both on/off shore, to satisfy EAI delivery commitments.
- Works closely with Application/Development Managers/Directors, PM/PMO, and vendors to ensure projects follow SDLC/PLC and are delivered on-time and on-budget, with quality
- Develops capacity/demand plan to effectively manage current and forecasted project staffing and skill requirements
- Manages operational expenses consistent with budget and operational strategies
- Demonstrates a strategic Service Oriented Architecture perspectives despite ambiguities and develops distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage for EAI; provides thought and consultative leadership
- Analyzes complex facts to make sound decisions and the ability to develop innovative and creative delivery solutions to achieve overall EAI and SOA strategies and objectives
- Proactive in the identification, communication, and resolution of issues that may negatively impact a project or initiative; seeks innovative ways to remove/overcome obstacles
- Maintains review at Executive/Director level on portfolio management and project delivery performance
- Formalize and ensure EAI delivery tools, standards, policies, and methodologies are established, documented, and adhered to; provides training as and where needed
- Learns, stays current, and establishes improvement opportunities with people, process, and technology, leveraging current and creating new KPI/metrics and targets; compliments enterprise needs and wants
- Conducts associate performance reviews, career development, and coaching as and when needed
- Assists with additional duties and responsibilities as needed or requested
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in related field
- 4+ years having led and managed development teams on multi-platform technical environments, within the integration/middleware space
- Comprehensive knowledge of IS/IT concepts across a broad spectrum which includes: application development, service-oriented architecture, and application integration.
- Strong management and leadership skills to effectively collaborate with Managers/Directors/PMs.
- Planning and estimating EAI projects, identify risks, and lead communication and execution of EAI strategy and objectives.
- Proven track record in meeting project commitments and managing staff while overseeing the development of multiple, concurrent projects in a matrix resource environment.
- Strong integration development and implementation experience with one for the following major integration technologies: RedHat Fuse, Apache Camel, WebMethods, or Tibco, including experience with Cloud providers such as AWS.
- Ability to set priorities, including for others, meet deadlines, and manage projects.
- Experience working in a 24×7 environment; ability to work flexible hours and be on-call.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including for non-technical resources and executive management.
- Experience in EAI architecture and solutioning, application development, security, and support Agile-based delivery.
- Ability to present ideas in business and user friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Takes initiative and excellent time management.
- Leads organizational improvements and advances resources with new opportunities
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reference Number: 1272237