e-Commerce Online Merchandiser
5 - 7 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Responsible for operating and optimizing all digital merchandising activities. Also responsible to ensure sales and sales margin objectives are attained, and serves as a primary point of contact for category management, supplier management, global supply chain and marketing organizations. Assists with assortment planning, promotional planning, and partnership management.
• Launches and manages portfolio of ecommerce marketplace sites like Amazon, eBay, and others.
• Coordinates with category managers and business unit marketing teams, to manage merchandising on commerce websites.
• Provides strategic insights by reviewing competitor websites and conducting analysis to ensure industry alignment with categorization, promotions and trends.
• Provides merchandising support for operations and fulfillment efforts.
• Manages assigned sales and margin metrics by marketplace.
• Communicates business objectives, initiatives, and results with other departments (category management, supply management, etc.)
• Utilizes product catalog web application to build on-line category and product groupings.
• Acts as eCommerce’s primary point of contact for key supplier community, topics including: co-op, promotions, upcoming launches, determining online catalog, and general interface.
• Acts as eCommerce’s primary point of contact for internal category managers and supplier relations teams on all supplier related topics.
• Helps analyze online public pricing vs. our competitors, in coordination with existing pricing process.
• Assists with determining online product mix and catalog.
• Acts as primary merchandising subject matter expert for search and browse taxonomy.
• Prepares weekly reporting for eCommerce management including preparation for strategy meetings.
- 4 years of experience in online merchandising with direct responsibility for channel execution, sales and ROI performance of e-commerce business
- experience with online marketplaces
- 4 years of experience and working knowledge of strategy and execution of merchandising initiatives in a distribution environment and e-commerce application
- 5 years of experience with sales, profitability reporting, and analysis.
Does this exciting role describe you? If so, then, now is your time!