E - Commerce Manager
Reporting to the VP of e-Commerce, Harvester will be a key leader of AOB's eCommerce and Marketing team. As a strategic, data-driven, and marketing technology obsessed eCommerce Manager you are driven by the relentless pursuit of achieve aggressive growth in the areas of brand performance, acquisition, retention, and revenue optimization. Armed with consumer insights that you've gained from carefully selected KPIS you will lead a team ofexperienced digital marketers through the process of rapid experimentation and optimization to best identify strategic and impactful areas of growth. Alongside the Harvester team you will skillfully craft hyper focused digital campaigns that anticipates our consumers' needs by delivering them highly personalized and relevant content at each and every step of their consumer journey.
This position requires you to hit the ground sprinting and the ability to workfrom experience is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team of experienced digital marketers representing the Harvester brands (Bog-Pod, Uncle Henry, Old Timer, Thompson Center Accessories,):
- In collaboration with the Brand Manager build a cohesive team that will drive the Harvester brands to reach their maximum potential
- Set the overall acquisition strategy and objectives for the team
- Set the overall retention strategy and objectives for the team
- Oversee revenue optimization for the Harvester brands (Bog-Pod, Uncle Henry, Old Timer, Thompson Center Accessories,)
- Spearhead the discussion between marketing and eCommerce teams regarding channel specific performance relative to goals
- Act as the conduit of growth, maximizing performance for the Marksman web sites by leveraging and validating data to support team assumptions/hypotheses. Implement rapid growth experiments derived from actionable insights and measure the result vs the desired outcome. Document successful experiments for future use
- Guide the team to better decision making through the use of analytics
- Work in collaboration with the Brand Manager to develop and execute marketing calendars
- Build a 360-contextual view of our consumer. Provide key insights into consumer shopping behavior, patterns, and trends
- Build highly targeted digital campaigns that drive growth within all digital channels
- Measure result vs desired outcome
- Advanced knowledge of a wide variety of eCommerce and CMS platforms
- Understanding of Domain Management, DNS, MX Records, etc.
- Understanding of Site File Structure
- Ability to perform technical SEO audits and identify and remediate technical web site issues: Site Speed, Site Map, Indexing Issues, etc.
- Experience analyzing and executing competitive SEO analysis
- Experience in SEO Audits
- Experience in link evaluation and attribution
- Implementation of conversion rate optimization techniques
- Own PPC strategies, execution, and performance across the brand platform (Harvester)
- Perform competitive PPC audits and learn from them
- Optimize and measure ROI for PPC campaigns
- Manage and track PPC budget
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Customer Retention (CHURN
- Customer Loyalty
- Work closely with Customer Support to ensure an unparalleled consumer experience
- Develop reports that identify actionable insights based on performance relative to channel specific goals:
- Oversee campaigns across the customer lifecycle and within multiplechannels (display marketing, PPC, retargeting, shopping, email marketing, social media, and affiliate marketing) to drive customer acquisition, retention, and revenue for the Harvester brands:
- At an expert level understand SEO theory and its application. For example, but not limited to:
- Advanced understanding of digital advertising platforms with a proven track record of successfully executing campaigns:
- Advanced understanding of email marketing platforms, metrics, and programs with a proven track record of nurturing customer relationships and addressing the following retention metrics:
- Work closely with the eCommerce Operations Team to improve and automate the consumer journey when possible
- Work closely with the eCommerce Operations Team to forecast sales and inventory.
- Track budget and spend for digital marketing initiatives
- Mentor junior members of the team in the areas of display marketing, PPC, retargeting, shopping, email marketing, social media, and affiliate marketing
- Act as a project manager for all Harvester brand platform projects
- Responsible for Harvester brand platform goals
- Work safely and report incidents immediately
- Good housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field, or 3-5 years of experience.
- Must possess the ability to work with large sets of data, extract relevant insights, and build a compelling narrative around those insights topresent to a non-technical audience.
- Must have a passion for the outdoors, hunting, and products used for shooting.
Competencies and Skills:
- Advanced quantitative skills, including expert level skills in Excel, data validation, and reporting analysis. Must possess the ability to work withlarge sets of data, extract relevant insights, and build a compelling narrative around those insights for a non-technical audience
- Advanced understanding and use of Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager, and Google Optimize. Must possess the ability to extract useful insights that impact the business
- Working knowledge of: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign, Dreamweaver etc.), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability toprioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some overtime required for work demands.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility periodically.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
- 10% travel
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
- General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
- Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.