Revlon is looking for a proven Category Management analyst to join our Category Management and Brand Insights team and help drive our growth agenda amongst US Mass and NA Prestige businesses across our Fragrance and Skincare portfolio. This role will leverage his/her strategic thinking capabilities and insights to identify short and long-term growth opportunities based on a comprehensive understanding of the channel, the category, the brands, the shopper, and customer strategies. Additionally, he/she will work closely with the Sales team and their support teams to develop a strong fact-based selling relationship to help drive the brand and category across the Mass and Prestige retail landscape.
Support delivery of volume and share objectives by providing analytics to support the strategic business plan and the tactical execution plan for the assigned channel/categories. This role is responsible for developing a fact-based approach of business analytics including evaluation of promotional effectiveness, marketing plans, distribution recommendations, brand and category trends, scanner data mining, and customer POS data mining, translating the analysis into key insights and recommendations for the customer.
- Responsible for developing and presenting fact-based business analytics for assigned channel/categories including promotion evaluation for effectiveness and efficiency, applicable customer-specific data analysis, AC Nielsen and other database analysis, brand/category trends, marketing plans, objectives, and distribution recommendations.
- Functions as the channel data expert to support the internal team in all selling processes, forecasting consumption, Gross Sales, Loyalty, and promotions.
- Play a key support role in building the annual business plan based upon an analytical review of historical and competitive data and strategic direction for the category, brand, and customers.
- Analyze current and historical customer data and formulate customer presentation materials to support Mass and Prestige retail customers and our internal sales teams.
- Aware of market trends, promotional activity, coming trends amongst the competitive environment in a proactive manner.
- Support Development of Optimal Promotion and Media calendar:
- Work collaboratively within Revlon Customer team to analyze and track results of key initiatives to develop recommendations of changes to the promotional mix
- Monitor and track distribution and online content for all brands with recommendations for changes and improvements
- Continuously question data, asking deep dive questions, and pursuing answers that may not be readily apparent.
- Provide periodic and ad hoc customer analysis reporting.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Insights & Strategy team to drive strategic direction for the Beauty category across Mass and Prestige e-commerce.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of business analysis experience supporting the sales team. Demonstrated a strong understanding of retail and customer team perspectives.
- Experience working in an analytic or category management role with Mass and Department store retailers preferred but not required.
- Experience working on e-commerce retailers (Amazon, Walmart.com, Target.com, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and v-lookup), PowerPoint (graphic presentations), and Word.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to interpret data and link category management data to retailer/business scenarios.
- Ability to create required ad hoc analysis and reporting utilizing analytical skills.
- Ability to develop selling story/recommendations as the output of the analysis.
- Experience with analytic/consumer insight tools (i.e. AC Nielsen, Loyalty, specific customer portals, etc.)
- Knowledge of technologically driven financial analysis (ie. ROI, Pricing/Margin implications)
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate organizational skills and agility to determine priorities and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. High energy and motivation needed.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Must be creative and detail-oriented in ambiguous situations, with a focus on execution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree required - preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science
- 7-10 years business analytics experience supporting CPG sales team(s). Experience in supporting e-commerce accounts.