Lowe’s is looking for someone that is driven by potential—A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multi-billion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We’re looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you’re an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we’re looking for.
The Software Engineer is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues. The candidate will be able to collaborate with the Product Owner and Business Analysts to understand business needs and user stories; provide recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs; collaborate with software engineers and leads to ensure that user stories are converted into flexible, scalable and maintainable solution designs; write and/or review technical specifications and documentation; identify specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions as required to support technical solutions
The Software Engineer is also responsible for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by creating design and code component-based applications using various programming languages. The candidate will adhere to Agile software development methodologies; adhere to company architectural standards, code quality guidelines, and technical specifications; produce and validate design artifacts (e.g., object models, sequence diagrams) to help others understand and adhere to company coding standards; lead, mentor, and train other technical resources to develop software applications; develop and execute component integration test scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications; work with IT teams to revise applications based on test results
The Software Engineer facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment. The candidate will also be able to collaborate with other IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications; provide post-implementation programming and/or configuration support for enhancements to new or packaged-based systems and applications; provide systems incident support as needed; incorporate new or updated portfolio artifacts into designated repositories
The Software Engineer will support testing activities by collaborating with testing team members in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage; provide support for functionality tests as needed; work with IT teams to revise applications based on test results as appropriate; assist in the development of necessary supporting documentation
The Software Engineer participates and coaches others in all software development activities by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls; estimate resource requirements for sprint deliverables; develop production application support plans, schedules and assignments; manage multiple, concurrent deadlines and schedules; review and approve team deliverables ; deliver status as required; identify, track and mitigate risks as appropriate; develop, monitor and report metrics to promote operational health. The candidate will have good communication and collaboration skills
The Software Engineer is also expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Use of SOLID design principles and patterns to evolve legacy applications to state of the art technologies and architecture
- Serve as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions
- Contribution to continuous improvement of standards, tools, and processes used across all teams and functions
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 4+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 3+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of Dynamics CRM solutions
- 3+ years of experience working on project(s) applying Agile methodology
- 4+ years of experience in designing and developing Databases in SQL Server or other RDBMS
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- Knowledge of Dynamics CRM application and platform configuration / customization capabilities and constraints.
- 2+ years of leading teams, with or without direct reports
- 3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
- 4+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
- 4+ years of experience in system analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high-level design for complex solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with OOP languages such as C# or Java
- 1+ years of experience working in a cloud environment
- 1+ years of experience working in a DevOps environment
- 3+ years of experience using unit testing frameworks such as MSTest, NUnit, XUnit.NET
- 2+ years of experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD or TDD)
- 4+ years of experienceworking with application and integration middleware
- 3+ years of experience building Web Services with REST or WCF
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job ID 1400995BR