As a Dynamics Systems Modeling Engineer, for John Deere Global Crop Harvesting Product Development Center (Silvis), you will be responsible for performing dynamics systems modeling of complex systems, including complete harvesting machine systems. In addition, you will:
- Conduct modeling of multiple body dynamics, hydraulics and control systems, and their mutual interactions.
- Collaborate with Global design teams to provide solutions for system level issues in harvesting equipment.
- Document methodologies used, write reports, and provide design direction in early stages of development.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of industrialexperience in the development of control systems and/or simulation modeling contributing to model based design.
- Experience with MBD tools, such as: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Easy5, Amesim, GT-Suite, etc…
- Communication skills to strongly collaborate with various global engineering groups to design plant models for software design and PV&V.
- General mechanical and dynamic modeling experience contributing in system simulation design.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%, both domestic and internationally.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- 2 or more years of experience in Dynamics Systems Modeling of machines or vehicles.
- Knowledge in system dynamics of hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience correlating analysis to test data.
- General understanding of vehicle electronic systems.
- Systems engineering background to understand plant functionality and design system interactions.
- Understanding of embedded software development and its system interactions with plants and physical subsystems.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, such as: Mechanical, Agricultural, Aerospace or related field with emphasis in Dynamic Systems Modeling.