Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
The Data Warehouse Engineer will have a shared responsibility for the successful implementation and integration of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions at Mitchell International. Our ideal candidate is a talented individual who is a compulsive problem solver and who knows how to align business strategy with software development best practices. Specifically, this position will work with the business owner, data scientists and reportdevelopers to deliver comprehensive data analytics solutions. In this capacity you will be an expert in ETL practices and implementation. You will provide technical leadership and best practices in the design, development and deployment of the ETL solutions using Microsoft BI technology stack.
- Perform, and lead others in hands-on coding of data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) according to BI/DW Industry best-practices.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining ETL processes
- Work with external and internal customers to identify requirements for data integration and aggregation processes
- Design and build efficient SQL queries, analyzes query time comparison, and uses indexes efficiently
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- At least 5+ years hands-on experience in Microsoft BI stack, specifically T-SQL and SSIS
- Deep knowledge and experience in relational and dimensional database structures, data representation, data cleaning techniques, and database design
- Experience with agile development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A lifelong love of collaboration and learning with positive attitude