Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a high-performance team, and maintain a sustainable culture of excellence and continuous improvement through leading, coaching and development of direct and indirect reports.
- Create an environment that attracts and retains top talent. Ensure all team members contribute to their fullest potential.
- Establish an Operations vision that supports and drives the company mission and direction. Anticipate and determine the operations needs to support and drive this plan and partner/lead cross-functionally to ensure success
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Field Leadership teams, as well as leaders in all areas of the business including Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, IT and HR.
- Serve as the voice of stores, loss prevention and contact center teams across all areas of the business.
- Lead teams across multiple disciplines within Retail Operations to deliver a best in class experience for both our retail associates and customers;
- Workforce Management: Build a labor strategy that supports commitments to store teams and business needs. Oversee the annual creation and allocation of a bottoms-up payroll budget.
- Store Experience: Navigate competing priorities and requests that impact store teams and oversee the full scope of the stores’ operating calendar. Work collaboratively with partners to influence the in-store brand presentation strategy and direction and oversee the team responsible to translate that vision into reality
- Implementation: Guide the strategy and oversee the development and execution of systems and process for all store roll-outs, implementations and installations.
- Communications and Support: Create a compelling and consistent brand voice for internal communication to stores and field leadership teams. Lead a team that crafts informative, engaging and effective communication across multiple, diverse channels including daily instruction, video messaging, initiative launch guides, SOPs, and large-scale in person events.
- Build, drive, and protect a rewarding and engaging culture where an appreciation for tradition is balanced with a passion for continuous improvement. Drive our values that reward, promote, and encourage high performance while ensuring we always do the right thing for our people. Encourage a high level of trust and transparency across all levels and functions.
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting and development strategies attract and grow a diverse pool of candidates and associates.
- Additional responsibilities as identified by management
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the visions; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate.
- Strategic Agility - Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to develop creative approaches to communications and problem solving, anticipating future impact and issues.
- Business Acumen - knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information regarding retail data, analytics and business intelligence. Understands the purpose and stakeholders of Harbor Freight practices, policies, procedures and systems.
- Command Skills - energized by tough challenges and faces adversity head on. Is looked to for leadership and insight across the organization.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand internal customer information and uses it to improve processes and deliverables.
- Building High Performance Teams - Acquires and retains the right talent, trains coaches and provides feedback, develops team and positions them for growth
- Supervises Staff – Yes
- Decision Making – Yes
- Travel – 20%
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business or related field
- 15+ years of Retail or hospitality industry experience; 7+ years in progressively senior leadership roles at large, multi-unit (500+) organization
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project) required
- Tableau Dashboard experience a plus
Physical Demands – Environment and Work Conditions
General office environment requiring ability to:
- Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Lift up to 15 lbs.