Job Description Summary
The Dual Director of Sales is responsible for generating top-line revenues in assigned market segments and meeting/exceeding market share goals for a defined cluster of hotels. The successful candidate will be extremely self-driven, possess excellent communication and customer-relations skills and have solid business acumen. This is a hotel-based position requiring frequent domestic travel throughout the assigned cluster of hotels.
The Dual Director of Sales will work closely with the Regional Sales Director, General Managers and supporting Guest Service Sales Associates to achieve sales objectives and revenue goals. This role will also work directly as needed with Sonesta’s lead services team.Job Description
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Account Management
- Direct, organize, and execute sales activities to maximize hotel’s market share in Corporate Negotiated, Group, and Extended Stay segments.
- Manage relationships with key clients through direct client contact at their place of business, business gatherings, entertainment, virtual, or at hotel.
- Actively participate in the negotiations of and ensure the completion of RFP’s, leveraging relationships with Sonesta Global Sales as appropriate.
- Performs outside sale calls to develop leads and generate new business.
- Ensure the accurate documentation of all sales activities and bookings within the Sonesta sales management system, Amadeus: Sales & Event
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts.
- Strategy and Planning
- Identify sales-related opportunities for the hotel, weighing costs and potential returns by using market projections, industry reports, and other statistics (e.g., STR, Demand 360, and Kalibri).
- Collaborate with GM, RSD and Revenue Manager on pricing strategy for Corporate Negotiated, Group, and Extended Stay requests.
- With assistance from the Regional Sales Director, identify training needed for the supporting sales team to continue growth and development to help achieve overall goal of top-line revenue and market share targets.
- Complete annual marketing plan and quarterly sales action plans.
- Coordinate and review all sales-related hotel operations, including but not limited to site inspections, tours, VIP guests, and in-hotel marketing events.
- Manage and guide the Guest Service Sales Associates and General Managers for site inspections and sales calls when ADOS is not in market.
- In coordination with the General Manager, act as the representative of the hotel at community and market events and in the broader community.
- Ensures proper detailing and contracting so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Formulates and submits formal and informal sales proposals to prospective customers in the field, at the hotel, and over the phone.
- Follow company direction, process, and expectations of assigned hotels.
- Timely and accurate submissions of required reporting and data requests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, or related field or 2+ years in a Sales related role.
- Multi-Unit / Area experience preferred.
- Successful record of direct sales and new business development.
- Travel to assigned hotels, clients, and related business events are a requirement of the job. Travel at times can be significant, up to 40% including potential overnight travel.
- Travel to supporting hotels on a rotating schedule or as deemed necessary by the Regional Director of Sales. Commitment to be onsite for a full week (Monday to Friday) between supporting hotels.
- This role is not a remote position, this role is hotel based role.
- Knowledge of systems, technologies, and research and distribution channels related to sales (e.g., Delphi, Meeting Broker, Cvent, Bid Clerk, ZoomInfo).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Will be exposed to commercial cleaning chemicals
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as exempt and is not subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts