Senior Regional Director of Sales & Marketing; Regional Director of Sales & Marketing; Area Manager of Sales & Marketing; Property General Manager
Property-level Sales Manager; Property-level Sales Coordinator
A minimum two years hotel sales experience is required. The ideal candidate must possess business travelexperience within a national brand, a positive attitude, strong prospecting skills, strong networking skills, ability to work with National Sales and effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms to team, customer and IMM corporate. The ability to understand the STR report, marketing plans and budgets, create a team environment and effectively position hotel within the comp set to lead in all areas of the STR. The Director of Sales is a team player that epitomizes professionalism and communicates effectively with all hotel departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish client base of organizations, associations, social groups, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales efforts.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Operate the sales department within established sales expense budget.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals as established by Area/Regional Director of Sales & Marketing and/or General Manager.
- Initiate and follow-up on leads.
- Offer creative thinking with social media and room night packages to grow customer loyalty and experiences.
- Achieve and grow yearly topline revenues.
- Achieve and grow local account and global account partnerships.
- Seek out new business.
- Shift market share business from comp set hotels.
- Create accurate contracts.
- Communicate needs directly to hotel operations team to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Develop market mix of business and recognize top producers
- Grow and develop group business
- Conduct weekly sales meetings according to InterMountain Management standards.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Coordinate and prepare annual marketing plan.
- Assist the General Manager with the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Follow company policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to subordinates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hotel experience/prefer hotel sales experience
- Proactive personality and work style.
- Self-starter and strong team member.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience selling major franchise brand of hotels, i.e., Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and other computer programs.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview; reference and other background checks, and job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.