The DTG Technical and Operational Manager recruits, trains and evaluates one or more the operational teams and ensures all equipment is maintained and up-to-date within the Direct-to-Garment (DTG) Print shop. This includes managing to the weekly, monthly and annual operational standards, meeting or exceeding budgetary goals and executing projects that support company strategies. This role interacts with other stakeholders throughout the organization and is key player in the continuous improvement of DTG process.
JOB DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, lead and teach operations team(s) to enhance performance, increase profitability and develop team members personally and professionally.
- Oversees training of staff by creating, implementing, tracking and enforcing of department standard operating procedures.
- Develop and implement department cycle and annual goals for productivity, people development and cost controls.
- Manage to meet and exceed to department(s) key performance indicators for speed, accuracy, cost effectiveness and printing machine uptime through continuous improvement and machine maintenance.
- Create annual maintenance and supplies budget with regular updates to control costs.
- Creates and executes routine preventative maintenance on all machinery, including all DTG printing, pad printing and curing equipment with a combination of in house and outside technical resources.
- Troubleshoots DTG machinery related issues and effectively administers break fix diagnostics internally or with assistance of outside technical resources in timely manner.
- Creates and manages staff work schedules, assignments, and overtime to meet weekly and monthly production goals
- Proactively identifies opportunities and risks within each work area and develops action plans to maximize results
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding new technology and how its implementation would further develop DTG operations/throughput
- Manages spare parts inventory, printing supplies, and ink/fluids through vendor relationships
- Execute and manage projects that support company strategies and department initiatives.
- Identify opportunities in process, people and policy and work with stakeholders to align and create solutions.
- Enforce the safety program and ensure all policies are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required in field
- Technical vocational school preferred
- 5-7 years of experience maintaining printing equipment in commercial/industrial print and production facility with at least 85% uptime required
- Five years of leadership experience preferred
- Experience with scaling printing production and scaling operations preferred
- Critical thinking, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Effective communicator with problem-solving skills
- Ability to integrate well into fast-paced, diverse, competitive and results driven environment and properly delegate tasks to accomplish department goals
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible or irregular hours which may include weekends, nights or Holidays
- Adheres to quality and safety protocols.