Intel's Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is looking for an outstanding DSP Technology Specialist Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our West Coast sales team.
**In this position some travel may be required to support specific project assignments**
- As a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Technology Specialist FAE in the sales organization you will be part of the North American DSP Specialist Team.
- You will work with several of our PSG field sales teams to position products/solutions and visit customer sites as needed.
- You will be responsible for assisting customers with the design and implementation of their product requirements, utilizing our Field-programmable gate array (FPGA's), Intellectual Property, and FPGA development tools.
- You will act as the DSP technical consultant to our key customers as they go from architectural evaluation through completion of their designs.
- By understanding customer system requirements, and providing guidance in the use of our products, you will enable our customers to bring competitive products to market in a timeframe that improves their success.
We value technical expertise, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and teamwork.
Your specific role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Contribute and execute to territory, account, and opportunity plans as part of Intel’s PSG Sales Team
- Engage with our customers high-level system architects, and key decision makers, to understand their system applications, influence their design choices, provide creative solutions to their problems, and ensure an architecture with, and around, PSG’s products
- Align with the key influencers, both at Intel and the customers technical staff, to coordinate design support and technical training
- Demonstrate partnership and work effectively in informal and formal teams, with individuals from varied communities and cultures
- Use your strong presentation and communication skills to present the capabilities of Intel’s product portfolio and perform demonstrations of feasibility studies and proofs of concept in customer meetings and seminars
- Align Intel's roadmap with our customers long-term requirements by being an internal advocate for their product and support needs
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
This position is for an experienced engineer with a DSP and FPGA hardware background. Minimum qualifications are:
- 10+ years of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) experience (such as DSP applications, design/implementation of DSP architectures, etc.)
- 10+ years of FPGA design experience and other digital design experience:
- Experience with FPGA development tools (examples include Quartus, Vivado, etc.)
- Experience with FPGA DSP development tools (DSP Builder, System Generator for DSP, etc.)
- Experience with VHDL (VHSIC Hardware Description Language) or Verilog/System Verilog or OpenCL or high-level synthesis tools (HLS) and MATLAB
- Willing to travel (this position requires travel)
- Bachelor's degree in STEM related field (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science in Electric Engineering or related electrical/electronic degree
- Post Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning applications
- 5+ years of experience with Image Processing/Communications/Radar/EW applications
- 5+ years of experience with high-level synthesis tools HLS, OpenCL, and OpenVINO
- 5+ years of experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and other DSP centric design flows & tools.
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales, applications, technical marketing, technical product marketing