The C&S DSNP Sales Development Manager is responsible for achieving assigned DSNP – (Dual eligible) sales and membership growth targets by creating strategic relationships with our external distribution team and brokers within the Rhode Island markets. This role is a “roll-up your sleeves” job and is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with agents, linking them to our C&S community outreach strategy and reps to execute flawless grass-roots events. The DSNP Sales Development Manager will be responsible for all DSNP product, recruitment and benefit trainings and presentations for the broker channel, initiating individualized trainings to help an agent build a DSNP business plan during the SEP periods. This FTE will act as the first form of escalation for issue resolution to the broker community on behalf of the health plan. This role is a markets’ DSNP expert and will assist agents in uncovering niche market opportunities, identifying agents in areas of our dual eligibles and will manage sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold agents accountable for achieving targets. They will understand the target audience of our products, how Medicaid and Medicare work together, and how to position our DSNP product and value proposition to remain competitive. RESPONSIBILITIESDSNP Growth
- Serve as a DSNP expert, with full understanding of how Medicaid/Medicare works in specific market, with deep knowledge ofcommunity based marketing/selling
- Continually track, build and nurture our base of producing D-SNP agents.
- Understand, analyze and build action plans off of data. Unique seller reports, Sold MAPD but not a DSNP, Disenrollment data etc.
- Strategize on innovative ways to continuously recruit and engage agents to sell DSNP continuously throughout the year
- Partner with M&R Sales leadership on joint trainings, roll-outs, product kick-offs and collaboration meetings to ensure DSNP is covered and agents are certifying to sell the product.
- Work with Marketing and RSDs to build DSPN specific materials to be added to the C&S Tool-kit that will promote agent engagement, recruitment and sales.
- Organize and coordinate DSNP specific trainings, presentations, coffee and chats, SEEK 101, DSNP basic, Tool-kit parties, expos and boot camps for agents to drive DSNP sales
- Manage and link Community outreach reps to specific Agents to help drive self-generated DSNP Sales
- Direct and guide EDC team on dual niche market opportunities and gaps and Market specific Medicaid benefits/how works withDSNP.
Agent Engagement and Leadership
- Answer agent calls for immediate issue resolution when agent is engaged and actively selling a dSNP product.
- Organize agent activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned agents to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Conduct ride-along to observe DSNP sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review DSNP sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Achieve assigned sales targets: Achieve assigned DSNP sales/membership growth targets through agents in the territory
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each Dual Or look alike Dual organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of agents in executing these plans and ensure that they appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure agents adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partnerexpectations and company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED required, BA/BS preferred
- 5+ years of broker management experience with demonstrated management track record
- 3+ years Managed Care and/or Medicare sales experience
- Active Rhode Island life and health insurance license required
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (DSNPs) preferred
- Travel locally up to 75% of the time
- Proficient in MS/Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point)
- Excellent relationship building skills (communication, negotiation, influencing, listening) and comfort engaging and training senior and executive level staff
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us.Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.