Drupal Themer, Front End Developer
Less than 5 years experience •
Seeking a Drupal Themer, Front End Devloper with a passion for building engaging and highly functional websites. The visual designer will work with the entire product, design and engineering cadre; from site builders to developers, and designers to product owner. They will create modern responsive interfaces built on the Drupal platform. Prior Drupal experience is required.
UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
- Deliver effective, visually appealing, and intuitive theme implementations using modular, reusable and maintainable code
- Develop adaptive designs and formulating from there an effective, responsive design that is in turn delivered as a working theme
- Develop web applications using frameworks such as React or Ember
- Efficiently manages multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ensures quality, consistency, and accuracy of creative elements across all assignments
- Complete additional tasks as assign by the DigitalDesign Director, Web Production, and Engineering
- Participates in preplanning meetings with PM’s, Editorial, DigitalDesign and Development to identify project objectives
- Translates creative strategy in the most effective manner
- Present and defend multiple solutions and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote guidelines, best practices and standards
- Attend training and conferences as required
- Perform adhoc duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience in Drupal front end development
- 3-5 years experience in general front end development, HTML5 and CSS3 (XHTML)
- Mobile / Responsive theme development
- Bootstrap base theme
- LESS / SASS and build tools, i.e. Gulp
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with the ability to work in an agile/fast-paced evolving work environment
- Should be a team player and good at multitasking
Additional Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Java script / jQuery and AJAX
- Drupal 7 Theming, experience with TWIG and Drupal 8
- Experience in website design and front-end UX
- Commanding knowledge Drupal theming and Git
Why work for UBM?
As an employee of UBM you will have access to a positive company culture, a flexible and professional environment, UBM Employee Benefits and a commitment from us that we will invest in developing your talent.
UBM is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based on each person's skills, abilities and performance. We provide equal opportunity in employment to qualified individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity, gender re-assignment, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. This commitment extends to all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, discipline and discharge. Any form of discrimination is in violation of this policy and will not be tolerated by the Company.