Drupal Migration Architect
15+ years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT AND TASKS:
Required skills/Level of Experience:
• 15 plus years in IT and software development;
• 6-10 years’ experience working on Drupal projects;
• Previous experience migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
• Extensive experience and knowledge in Drupal 8 code
• Extensive and diverse background creating custom PHP modules within the Drupal framework.
• Strong background in one or more of Drupal’s major themes, i.e. Zen, Omega, etc.
• Understanding of browser/client-side, particularly jQuery.
• Mastery of Drupal's key contrib modules, i.e. CTools, Views, Rules, etc.
• Deep familiarity with Drupal’s 'hook' system for modifying contributed modules remotely -- from functions written in custom modules;
• Experience building or working with Drupal 8 sites.
• Strong background in 'site building': to be good at vetting Contributed modules from Drupal.org, installing and configuring modules for 'sandbox' projects;
• Command line competence in Linux to be able to work with sandbox instances. This includes editing server files, navigating server folders, modifying permissions and other such actions
• Familiarity with GIT
• Strong familiarity with DB and DB Modeling – in particular MySQL
• ‘Full Stack’ development capability
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with SASS or LESS.
• Familiarity with webserver configuration and URL rewrites, regex, etc
• Familiarity with PHP and MySQL configuration settings for optimizing Drupal performance.
• Passing competence and awareness of system architecture issues like load balancing, proxies, caching, etc.
• Experience with Drupal AJAX.
• Degree in Computer Science