Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? MetroStar is seeking a Drupal Developer to join our Open Source team. You will have the opportunity to build highly secure and scalable platforms in leading cloud environments that connect and support thousands of users. This position is full-time and is based in our Reston,VA and Washington, D.C. offices.
You're a great fit if…
- You understand the craftsmanship of code, picking the right techniques for the job
- You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- You are adept at creating stateless and secure experiences interfacing with highly scalable back-end systems
- You have the ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
You'll love our Drupal Developer role if… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 3+ years of experience in Drupal site building, administration, custom module development, configuration management/features and theming
- You have working experience with the Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 ecosystem components (Git, Composer, TWIG, Site Building and Module development)
- You have experience with Drupal user interface development to include user experience, theme development, and customization of community themes
- You have experience with migrations and upgrades from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8
- You have experience syncing admin changes between multiple environments
- You have experience with configuration and modification of contributed modules, implementation of standard hooks, and implementation of standard self-test regimes
- You have breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems
We'll REALLY love you if… (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You utilize and understand the benefits of test-driven development and continuous integration
- You are familiar with component driven development and design processes
- You have experience with advanced PHP development frameworks and workflows (Symfony, Composer)
- You have familiarity with Configuration Management toolsets
- You have familiarity with Acquia tools and solutions (Lightning, BLT, DevDesktop, Acquia Cloud).
- You have experience working in an iterative development environment (Jira, Kanban, Agile, SCRUM)
- You have significant prior experience with backend technologies like NodeJS, Python, or Ruby and scalable server technologies
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.