Job Title: Drivetrain Test Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems. Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
Skill Set Required:
- Drivetrain Product Verification and Validation Engineer Duties:
- Manage individual test bay utilization
- Provide daily communication and work with multiple departments to obtain required resources to accomplish the test activity objectives
- Communicate current test status
- Shakedown and troubleshoot unit under test and test sequences
- Verify test limits / shutdowns (perform pretest check list)
- Run tests
- Create test run work orders
- Process data
- Verify quality and accuracy of data
- Analyze test data
- Create and execute mid-test and post-test inspection work orders
- Create unit under test removal work orders
- Determine conclusions from test
- Determine pass / fail ? meets / does not meet acceptance criteria
- Generate non-conformance corrective action requests for items not meeting acceptance criteria
- Perform root cause analysis for problem solving / failure resolution with Drivetrain Design
- Store and archive final data
- Generate test reports
- Deliver results to stakeholders
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Drivetrain Design
- Complete test activities in the test management system
- Provide feedback to support teams (e.g. fixture part improvements, reclaims)
- 4 yeardegree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering is preferred. Electrical or Computer Engineering is also acceptable.
- Matlab or any other computer programming experience is preferred.