This $1.2 Billion project represents the design/build improvement of 16 miles of the existing I-405 freeway beginning at SR73 to I-605 of I-405. This project is managed jointly by the US construction firms OHL North America and Astaldi Construction Corporation, fully supported by our international parent companies, collaborating to form the joint venture OC 405 Partners, established to improve infrastructure in Orange County, California.
The Drainage Superintendent’s responsibility is to supervise the field construction of the project and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, it is the Superintendent’s responsibility to protect and promote OC 405 Partners interest in all matters and to do whatever is reasonable necessary to discharge their duties and responsibilities which include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, establish/maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with the on-site staff, and promote a positive project morale.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and permits, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- Examine the contract drawings and specifications for design deficiencies, impractical details, and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule. And to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various milestone dates.
- Develop and update the 6 weeks schedule, send out to the Subcontractors and other trades.
- Coordinate, direct, monitor and inspect the activities of the Subcontractors.
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements per the subcontract, plans and specifications.
- Coordinate, direct, monitor and inspect the activities of the field Foremen.
- Verify that the field Foremen have completed the contractual requirement per the plans and specifications.
- Ensure that the field crews and subcontractors follow the safety programs including the holding of toolbox/THA safety meetings.
- To chair weekly job/pull plan meetings and issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager as a result thereof.
- Review construction work plans with the Foremen to ensure that work is carried out effectively.
- Meet with the Foremen and go over their 3 weeks schedule.
- Maintain daily log in Heavy Job of activities on the jobsite.
- Review daily job cost/Production Planner, material, equipment and labor with the field Foremen.
- Submit Survey Request 72 hours in advance.
- Meet with the Project Manager daily to go over Budget/cost.
- Schedule Inspection request.
- Take pictures of the job site daily
- Be able to read plans relevant to work activities
- Have an understanding of the project cost analysis
- 10+ years of prior experience working on related projects in the State of California
- Effectively use the following computer / I-pad programs within a reasonable amount of time:
- Heavy Job
- Plan Grid
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of general construction techniques/practices.