Opportunity: Ready to put your civil engineer and drainage skills to work on marquee transportation and infrastructure design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of civil engineering tasks on large scale, transportation projects? Parsons is now hiring a Drainage Engineer for several key design-build and Public Private Partnership (P3) projects in the State of California and throughout North America. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role: you will be engaged in the hydrologic and hydraulic design and analysis of all aspects of transportation projects, including rivers, ponds, culverts, storm drains, floodplains and grading. You will prepare and review drawings for final design, construction, detour, and erosion control and prepare and review design reports. Perform quantity calculations and produce/check engineering analytical data and related information to assure the design and any technical reports are accurate. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
- 5-8 years of related work experience with drainage and hydrology for roads and highways.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate essential
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration is highly preferred.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification is highly preferred.
- Experience with Caltrans and road & highway drainage highly desired
- Proficiency in utilizing AutoCAD Civil3D, MicroStation Geopak and/or InRoads, StormCAD, EPA-SWMM, ArcGIS, SMS w/ SRH-2D, HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS software, and other PC software packages typically associated with H&H engineering is required.