At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Drainage Engineer to work as a member of our Transportation Business Group in Miami Lakes, FL. This individual will perform drainage design on FDOT highway projects under the supervision of a Project Manager and Senior Engineer. They may also work with others on drainage review assignments as well. They must be familiar with the FDOT Plans Preparation Manual, FDOT Design Standards, and the FDOT Drainage Manual.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related discipline required.
- 6-10+ years of working experience related to drainage engineering for highway/roadway projects required.
- Must be knowledgeable in erosion and sediment control criteria, stormwater management regulations and permitting processes.
- Experience with MS Office, Microstation, Geopak Drainage, ICPR, ASAD, FDOT Barmenu and all other software used for drainage design for FDOT Projects required.
- Must be self-motivated to complete tasks and learn.
- PE preferred.
- FDOT highway drainage experiencepreferred.
- Local candidates preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.