United States of AmericaLocation:
03: Building 03 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
The Propeller Systems Engineering group is seeking a customer focused and dedicated Product Design (Drafting) Engineering Manager ready to tackle challenging tasks related to highly detailed new and legacy propeller designs. Work involves activities relative to prototype, production, and in service data. The candidate should have skills and experience in the following areas: CAD modeling, drawing creation, creating and validating tolerance studies and product life cycle data management. Primary Responsibilities:
- Supporting military and commercial propeller platforms.
- Attend and support Design and Customer meetings.
- Ability to investigate turn back and escape issues that may arise in support of Design.
- Ability to coordinate, manage, and track progress of current and incoming tasks with workforce available or request required talent (hiring and statement of work coordination as needed).
- Coordinate and work regularly with engineering, manufacturing, and management in Windsor Locks, CT and Figeac, France.
- Interact with internal customers, external customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Participate in internal and external product design engineering teams and reviews.
- Support propeller system troubleshooting.
- Ability to create presentations as necessary.
- Create and maintain Standard Work processes to assist in completing necessary task without turnbacks and escapes.
- Manage propeller systems EPEC PLM integration and continuous improvement.
- Some international travel may be required to coordinate with the Figeac, France site and for customer support.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Full understanding of ANSI Y14.5M-1982 (drawing interpretation), MIL-STD-12 (Abbreviations use on Drawings), ANSI/ASME B46.1-1985 (Surface Texture) and other general drafting related specifications preferred.
- Experience in the use of typical Microsoft Office programs such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Capable of creating and managing complex tolerance studies in Excel
- Must be capable to meeting the form, fit and functional requirements of any design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present to customers, operators, and levels of leadership internally & externally.
- Experience required with Siemens Products (Team Center, Unigraphics)
- Preferred experience with Dassault Products (CATIA V5, CADAM)
- Ability to lead other associates through normal Product Design tasks
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms