Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Data Quality (DQ) Problem Management Analyst is responsible for driving the resolution of DQ Problems by working closely with users within the lines of business to determine root cause and recommend solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Perform data analysis as part of root cause analysis in standard tools (e.g. database, excel) on data related to DQ Problems to review adherence with business and technical requirements
- Determine potential solutions to DQ Problems and propose to line of business stakeholders
- Discover methods to overcome roadblocks in progressing DQ Problems through the Problem lifecycle
- Provide SME guidance on DQ Problem Management to stakeholders within the lines of business to ensure adherence with the standard Chief Data Office process
- Serve as a representative of the Chief Data Office within line of business DQ Problem governance
- Document details of DQ Problems in the enterprise standard tooling
- Produce regular updates on the progress of DQ Problems to management
- Deliver lessons learned to the Chief Data Office team to help drive improvement of the DQ Problem Management process
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of recent demonstrated knowledge performing data analysis
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to lead various stakeholders through a process
- Strong understanding of databases and their design, data modeling, data flows and data lineage, metadata. Knowledge and previous experience with SQL for querying databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) a plus.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (e.g. Access, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience preferred within Banking or Financial Services