As the downstream marketing manager, you are responsible for driving adoption of Capsule’s solutions by the sales team, field organization and the market. This role is the glue that binds our strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results.
You know our market and competitors; both what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our customers’ needs and challenges, including how they make their buying decisions. You will back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning, tools and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are experienced at tracking performance and collecting the data to prove what is working and what is not.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; using effective diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with sales, product management, Informatics, digital and content marketing to develop solution positioning, messaging and tools that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive enhancements to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Participate in the marketing plan development in conjunction with the rest of the marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing programs on an ongoing basis, and report on required changes.
- Work with product management to plan and execute the downstream aspects of product launches and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Manage North American tradeshows & oversee logistics
- 5+ years of experience in B2B Marketing.
- 3+ years of experience in med-tech, medical device industry healthcare industry experience.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Ability to manage cross-functional launch teams.
- Resourceful in solving problems; good judgment.
- Excellent written & verbal communications.
- Self-motivated, engaged, and accountable.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications; Salesforce, SharePoint or similar
- International experience in healthcare industry.
- Experience working in or closely with a direct sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- MBA is a plus