The Software Engineer Consultant will join the Technology team in a dynamic and growing Alternative Investments firm with a strong technology focus. Technology plays a critical role at GCM Grosvenor, enabling our team members to make timely, data-driven decisions in support of our clients. The software we build enables our team to deploy $57B in the most efficient, intelligent, risk-managed way.
Software Engineering Consultants work alongside GCM Grosvenor employees and other Consultants on product-oriented teams to design, develop, implement, and maintain technology solutions leveraged throughout the firm. Consultants can work from virtually any location, though presence in the Chicago office from time-to-time (post-pandemic) will be expected.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Design and develop platform features.
- Develop software to enable and further automate the investment decision making, reporting, and analysis conducted by our team members and our clients.
- Work on a team to ensure a consistent technical landscape aligned to enterprise architecture strategy and vision.
- Collaborate with architects and team members to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the framework of our software development standards.
- Provide assistance and technical guidance to Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and others to diagnose and resolve defects identified during testing phases.
- Continue to evaluate our technology platform against industry trends and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Willingness to wear many hats, work with legacy technologies while still driving innovation, fill gaps in team function as needed, and be a dynamic collaborator.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for this role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft .NET/C#, including modern versions of .NET including .NET Core.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating strong understanding of object oriented design and development principles.
- Working knowledge and practice working in Agile development environment with strong engineering principles (XP, SCRUM etc.) required.
- Experience with serverless tools such as Azure Functions or AWS Lambda desired.
- Solid Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, AppVeyor, Jenkins, GitLab CI, GitHub Actions.
- Understanding of relational, non-relational, and unstructured database design and development using platforms such as SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL solutions (e.g. MongoDB, Cosmos DB, RavenDB) and other high-powered data platforms is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated unit and acceptance level testing. Experience working in a TDD environment is a strong plus.
- Experience with message based and OpenAPI REST based integration a strong plus.
- Experience with DevSecOps and a culture of security a strong plus.
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills.