.NET Software Engineer
Tripoint Solutions (TPS) is looking for a .NET Software Engineer to join our Arlington, VA team. This individual needs to be experienced in application support and development. The .NET Engineer will develop enterprise applications and web sites based on C# and a SQL Server back end. They will work within a team of developers on the maintenance and expansion of these applications, and interact with the Veterans Affairs (VA) client directly to plan, document, and execute the implementation.
***Position is located in Washington, D.C.***
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Working with clients to elicit, refine, and document requirements
- Developing and maintaining ASP .NET web applications
- Developing necessary SQL Server database objects
- Conducting SQL Server tuning to optimize performance
- Deploying code developed using Visual Studio deployment tools
- Tracking work using a ticket/issue tracking system
- Using version management and issue tracking software to document all changes
- Documenting system architecture, development processes, and user guides
- Planning, prioritizing, and executing in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of proven web development experience with C# .NET
- Bachelor?s degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics is preferred)
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required
- Must have the ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented software development
- Experience with Web Services and XML
- Experience developing XSLTs
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of .NET best practices, frameworks, and libraries
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Advanced degree in business or a technology area with a business focus
- Proven leadership and client management ability
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Business process analysis, mapping, and design
- General project management understanding
Tripoint Solutions (TPS) is a minority-owned, SBA-certified 8(a) small business specializing in business and IT consulting, delivering tailored solutions to our customers based on their unique organizational requirements, industry best practices, and a recognition of state of the art technologies. TPS focuses on software engineering, process improvement, and software development lifecycle support. We provide a broad range of Federal customers with solutions for enterprise, cloud-based, and mobile environments.
Tripoint Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V), making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Tripoint Solutions participates in E-Verify.