Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, the Software Developer (Microsoft .NET) designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Use Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual C#
- Lead technical design and implementation of new feature development and ongoing production support
- Collaborate closely with leadership to map out and execute longer term strategic technical initiatives
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects
- Excellent knowledge of ASP.Net MVC, Web Services and WCF
- Entity Framework 6 and LINQ experience
- Excellent knowledge of stored procedures on Microsoft SQL
- College degree
- 6+ years of progressively complex full-stack application design and development experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
May require advanced skills in one or more of the following:
- Angular JS
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Platform
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
Req Number: 17007898