MetroStar Systems is looking for a mid-level .NET Developer that is passionate about ensuring success for a highly visible, results-driven client through development of custom applications.
If you want to join a company that has a passion for technology as well as delivering value to our customers that values great communication skills, the ability to learn business and software applications in order to support and train Department of State clients, and are open to commuting to Washington, D.C. we want you to work for MetroStar!
You're a great fit if:
- You like to design and code complex, web-enabled, transaction-oriented applications to ensure they follow the agreed upon “technology stack"
- Responsible for testing, debugging, and troubleshooting to solve problems across software, databases, and networking environments
- You understand business requirements from customers and project managers and translate them into technical solutions
- You enjoy assisting in the identification, development, and establishment of technical standards and procedures
- You demonstrate the ability to mentor/teach less experienced developers through code reviews and other learning tools
- You demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task in an environment with evolving priorities and multiple work streams
You'll love our .NET Developer position if:
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of .NET MVC experience; alternatively 6 years of experience as a Developer is accepted in lieu of education
- Experience in Agile software engineering practices
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Entity Framework
- You have experience using a Reporting Framework, e.g. Crystal Reports, SSRS, Business Objects, etc)
- You have a strong understanding of DevOps and Modern CI/CD approaches
- You have experience with CI tools similar to Jenkins, Bamboo, or TeamCity
- You understand software quality assurance principles
- You have some knowledge and experience with SQL.
We'll REALLY love you if:
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- Active Interim Secret security clearance or higher (preferred), willing to sponsor for the right candidate
- Knowledge and experience with
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- js / jQuery-UI.js
- Other languages
- You have an understanding of cloud platforms, e.g. AWS and their offerings
- You have some experience in designing and implementing API led services, e.g. Micro-services
What your day will look like:
- You'll work with the team of developers to learn and develop custom applications
The Admin Stuff:
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required