Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a .Net Software Developer to join our talented team in our Chantilly, VA office. The ideal candidate would be an energized individual who likes to work with internal customers in the area of custom development, specifically in .net 4.5 or higher. Must have good verbal communication skills and understanding of Waterfall and Agile environments. As an application developer for enterprise wide corporate sponsored projects, the selected candidate will be working with multiple and diversed customers to improve overall efficiency and ability for the enterprise. This individual will be working directly with customers to complete and understand business requirements.
Daily activities will include coding screens, forms, interacting with databases, connecting to and using our internal applications such as a data warehouse and ETL tools, unit testing and providing technical documentation for support and maintenance. Ability to work individually and in a team environment is a must. Looking for someone that isn’t afraid to ask for assistance when needed, continue to learn and grow while follow our standards for development and enhance common libraries for future use in development activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of development in .NET 4.5 or higher is required.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- NET MVC 5.x and C#
- Good understanding of SQL and Oracle Managed Data Provider for .Net Visual Studio 2015
- Understanding of C# .Net application data layers that utilize Oracle stored procedures in the Oracle 11/12database environment. Experience with Oracle Cursors, .Net Stored Procedure calls using the Oracle Managed Data Access client
- Understand Data Modeling concepts, at the physical level, including data relationships, table design for both OLTP and Data Warehousing. Erwin modeling experience a plus
- Understanding of Microsoft Entity Framework 6.x, especially in developing against Oracle 11/12databases for both OLTP and Data Warehousing data structures.
- In depth knowledge of SQL/PL-SQL for both query and DML operations
- Experience with .Net Core
- Oracle Stored Procedure Development
- Knowledge of normalized and denormalized data bases is a plus
- Experience with other coding languages is a plus, such as Java
- Experience working hands on with users to build requirements and requirements documentation is a plus