We are seeking a .NET Principal Engineer / Architect who wants to be a part of a significant digital transformation as we move to become a digital leader and 'game-changer' in our market-place. You will play a key role in the overall design of an application suite and ensure the delivery from the agile team meets agreed upon architecture standards. The PSE / Architect will play a leading role in improving the interaction between the business and IT by identifying and developing strategic applications of IT. The role will be critical in the advancement of the architecture roadmap through innovative solutions.Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 8+ years of Software Engineering Experience with considerable years re-engineering from legacy systems to modern technologies
- Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
- Technical Expertise in .Net Core, C#, ASP.Net, WCF, MVC architecture
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL Database and coding
- Knowledge of SOA concepts
- Experience leading and mentoring junior software developers
- Experience with scripting languages: e.g., Python
- Experience with Cloud Software development (Azure/AWS)
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like GIT
- Agile mindset, scrum experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical lead of the Consumer Value Stream, responsible for solution design and technical leadership of an application portfolio of 4 agile development teams.
- Collaborates with architects on the creation and application of technical roadmaps, standards, tooling and frameworks required to create a modern, high quality, rich application suite.
- Guides more junior developers in design, coding, configuration, testing and maintenance of software deliverables
- Investigate and resolve complex issues in connected application stack
- Acts as thought leader for their train, setting technical standards selecting latest versions of system software, adopting automated test and CI/CD practices.
- Identifies technical debt, derives workable plan & proposal for rewrites - technology advancements that could potentially benefit business / IT
- Advances architecture roadmap for business area(s) by recommending third party/cloud solutions and Prototyping initiatives
- Co-ordinates or participates in tool, technology and service selection, risk assessments and sunsetting in conjunction with technical and business stakeholders ensuring consistency with existing business needs and architectural sustainability.
- Look for ways to utilize modern technologies to solve business problems – including AI, Digital platforms, and automation.