Tech Lead for portal will work under the direction of Sr. Tech Delivery Manager Delivery, supporting development and managing the SCI portal platforms. Portal Tech lead will work closely with the Architect to understand business objectives to analyzes and contribute to an overarching solution strategy by identifying how a proposed architecture, capabilities and functionality will support the business objectives. This role provides technical support in the integration and construction of Portal with the SCI policy administration applications and building relationships with business teams and is responsible for managing portal, hardware requirements, and encryption standards.
- Responsible for designing and developing, including all technical aspects of SCI Front end Portal
- Participate in architectural and development reviews, offering insight regarding feasibility and strategic direction and understand the features and functions of portal, how to integrate with existing and future solutions. Recommend strategies and lead efforts for integrating portal connections to SCI Applications
- Acts as portal SME on various on projects, establishes and communicates common goal and direction for the team and provides sizing and estimation including defining and designing the Portal infrastructure for highly available environments while integrating with other solutions
- Possess and maintain substantial knowledge of third-party Portal solutions, Coordinate enhancements and maintenance of portal working directly with DuckCreek and Insurity
- Understanding of how each Portal component works, gather useful information, communicate to others, perform maintenance and troubleshoot, define alerts and triggers, troubleshoot and repair, document findings and modifications
- IIS and HTTP Server Administration
- Performs the detailed design documentation, development, evaluation and performance testing, unit testing and maintenance of applications.
- Performs analysis and reports problem activity, and recommends appropriate corrective measures when necessary.
- Ensures code complies with Chubb architectural and SDLC standards/process.
- Translates specification document requirements into code
- Works to ensure user satisfaction by coordinating installation, configuration, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quick resolution of problems of the most complex nature.
- Resolves highly complex availability, capacity, and performance issues, understand firewall changes for Internet connectivity
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in designing, engineering, implementing and managing enterprise J2EE solutions
- 5+ Years of deployment experience with a JSON, J2EE, EJB, JSR and XML based solutions required
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing website
- 5+ years of experience in web application development and Java frameworks and standards including Spring, Struts, Hibernate, or JSP
- 4+ years of experience in Java development tools like Eclipse, or Rational Application Developer
- 4+ years of experience in IBM Web Content Management (WCM) architecture and development.
- Familiarity with IBM Connections, Watson Content Analytics and Forms Experiences Builder (FEB)
- Experience in MS SQL Server
- Strong expertise in Knowledge of SOAP and/or REST based services (XML, JSON)
- Familiar with the JUnit to create and running unit test cases
- portal administration and architecture a plus
- Understanding of Tag Management and Web Analytics a plus
- Knowledge of P&C Insurance industry
- Documentation and Project management skills
- Microsoft, or other IT related certifications preferred
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Great analytical skills
- Great problem solving skills