JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality .Net Core and Angular technical solutions. Involved in the full systems life cycle (SDLC): design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of applications software that is delivered on time and within budget working an Agile SAFe environment. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring and product evaluation.
This position is remote / telecommute eligible. If located in Jacksonville, FL some onsite will be required.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides full stack design and development of projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Develops front end website applications in close accord with a UX team and ensures the responsiveness of those applications
- Designs and develops APIs necessary to affect front end functionality and/or be consumed by other partners
- Develops, automates and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance with an emphasis on automated Unit Tests, Component Tests, and Scenario Tests.
- Designs and creates data models for applications and databases to persist them
- Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Reviews test results and directs further development.
- Stays abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principal developer.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and modern automation testing tools and concepts such as ReadyAPI and xUnit desired
- Experience with server side frameworks such as .Net Core and .Net Framework(s)
- Familiarity with server side API concepts and technologies and tools such as OpenAPI/Swagger desired
- Familiarity with relational database technologies such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, or others desired
- Familiarity with container technologies a plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines a plus
- Familiarity with source code management tools such as TFS or Git a plus
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Technologies also a plus, AWS (e.g. EC2, S3, ECS, Aurora RDS, CloudFront, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation, EKS, and/or AWS Development Tools)
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Strong organizational and agile project management skills
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, detail oriented and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Applications Programmer II
Intermediate professional level role. Works independently on small to medium development projects as a project team leader that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge in a specific business area. Develops solutions requiring analysis and research under the general direction of more senior application development analysts, supervisors or managers. Generally works on more than one project at a time as a project team member. Typically requires four (4) or more years of programming/systems analysis experience.