The .NET Engineer shall participate in research and product development activities ranging from product concept through transfer to manufacturing. This position will apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices for software development for implantable medical devices and accessories.
- Develop and support windows PC-based software for a system that includes the following: an implantable stimulator, external stimulator, patient charger, patient-facing devices and clinician-facing devices. Development activities include definition of requirements, design and implementation, and verification and validation support.
- Develops software in a regulated environment in accordance with internal operating procedures and external standards and regulations. Conducts cross-functional reviews of the software development at appropriate times in the development cycle.
- Significantly self-directed. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Proactively identifies areas of developmental risk and communicates these to management accordingly.
- Works closely with other product development team members to assure that their designs interface properly with other system components and to assure that the overall system meets its performance requirements.
- Assesses new test technologies via reviews of the state of the art or by performing proof of concept work. The results of this assessment must be communicated to the software team or other members of the development organization.
- Contributes to the intellectual property base of the Company via active communication of new concepts to Management.
- Works in accordance with quality system procedures and actively enforces its objectives
- B.S. in Computer Science, or similar degree.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in software design for implantable device development and peripherals is desired.
Skills and Knowledge
- It is highly desired that the candidate be proficient with C#, WPF, and relational databases.
- It is highly preferred that this candidate has experience in implantable medical device development.
- Functional familiarity with the FDA Submission process, ISO Requirements and QSR requirements is also preferred.