At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are looking for software engineers who are pro’s with .NET to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. Morningstar is a technology agnostic company, and as an engineer focused on .NET you may be working across .NET, .NET Core, AWS, SQL Server, LINQ, WebAPI and integrating with various systems and standing up new products. Every day, you’ll work with team members across disciplines developing products for investors. You’ll interact daily with our product managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward. We want to work with other engineers who bring knowledge and excitement about our opportunities. These positions are based in our Chicago office.
- Build well designed, well engineered, stable, scalable products across a variety of markets
- Good working experience in OO analysis & design using common design patterns
- Follow software design best practices such as continuous integration, test-driven development, and regular deployments.
- Solve investors’ problems with technology, understanding market chaos at work and crafting technically appropriate interactive experiences to communicate effectively with individual investors.
- Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
- Familiarity or desire to become an AWS certified developer
- Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
- Help to shape product vision.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field in software development with 3-5 years of experience.
- Three plus years of experience developing commercial quality web applications.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft stack and integrating with othertechnologies.
- Experience with full stack development.
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.
- Adept with MS SQL Server and/or otherdatabases.
- An understanding of how to protect web applications from common security vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, domain modeling, and building highly scalable and available systems.