Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a .NET application and web developer with knowledge of application and web design and programming ability using the C# and/or VB.NET languages, the ASP.NET development framework, and MS SQL Server. In this role, you will interact with users of a large integrated system.
- · Developing enhancements and new features for an integrated suite of .NET web sites and server processes.
- · Supporting maintenance and testing, as well as responding to user issues and requests.
- · Developing new technical approaches and capabilities to incorporate into the system.
- · A bachelor’s degree is required; computer science degree is preferred.
- · 3 years of software application development and programming experience required.
- · Must be able to pass Federal Government background clearance check.
Experience with CSS, jQuery, XML, XSL, HTML5, Continuous Integration and basic SQL skills are preferred. Candidates must be a self-learner and able to work independently in researching and presenting technical solutions. Excellent analytical communication skill is essential.